I have friends who are Quakers, friends who are Unitarian Universalists, friends who Dialogue in the Bohmian tradition, friends who are Mystics, friends who are Poets, and so many other friends who live lives of wisdom and wonder... this is my account of the meeting with these friends...

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Damn those Santa wannabes


Theres nothing like Good deeds going punished during the Holiday season

In Connecticut, one Barry Goldberg bought $1,300 worth of Wal-Mart gift cards valued at $10 each and started handing them out to customers in that store's lobby.

However, this was not too pleasing to the Stores Managers.

“The next thing I knew, they turned to me and said, ‘You have to leave the store. You can’t do this here. You’re soliciting,’” Goldberg said. “I said, ‘I’m not soliciting anything. I’m giving.’” Goldberg told reporters

Wal-Mart's reasoning seems to be that this particular Santa wannabe was interrupting the store's traffic flow.

It was reported that Target contacted him, and offered to swap out the Walmart Cards that he had left for Target Cards, and hand them out in their store...

nice move there, Target!

(link)

No comments: