I have friends who are Quakers, friends who are Unitarian Universalists, friends who Dialogue in the Bohmian tradition, friends who are Mystics, friends who are Poets, and so many other friends who live lives of wisdom and wonder... this is my account of the meeting with these friends...

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Delivery of the "Sacred No"


this is from a comment that I left on another's blog- get the full story here...

The "sacred No", is when I see that what rises in me, IS actually me, and its not dependent on what another does or says... from that seeing, I see a mirror was there all along- the mirror is to show me what obscures the truth... it does NOT mean that the truth was not seen by me- it means that the truth can never be "pointed out" to another- not with anything that may still be attached to some old "me"...

this is the essence of the "mirror" of relationship... it is essental for when you see the actual truth of something, and no one else around you seems to "get it"... the sacred "no" is the only thing that can actually get through, and it WONT get through in "my" time- it will get through in its own time... otherwise, otherwise, similar to what this very comment-post here is at risk of, the "taking credit for knowing the truth" is precisely what will obscure the necessary learning- the compassion...

its the compassion that acts on the truth in another, NOT the truth in me, the truth that "I have"... my truth, no matter how perfectly aligned with Truth-capital-T, is BOUND to obscure, when it is argued for... "that which you resist, persists"...

if the TRUTH is what is important to you, LET it GO! the compassion, is what will do ITS work- in ITS time...

I may not be there to witness it, but so what?

the only reason I would have to "persue" what I see and how I see it, would be to be sure to get the credit... look here with me... its there!...

and so, if Im at all concerned with "not leaving until they see"- that is now MY creating a hierarchy... that is now MY new religion- MY new law... the the resistance that that meets is far more destructive than getting credit for being right...

say the truth, and be on your way...

ONLY if the other has a real inquiry, a deep abiding desire to see the truth WITH you, and not to proffer some agenda- ONLY then, is it worth staying around in the dialogue... but upon sign that the other is completely unwilling to look within, and if I stick around to push the point, that is MY unwillingness to look within...

this is "the big one"... on the road to enlightenment... relationship, is a mirror...

No comments: