I have friends who are Quakers, friends who are Unitarian Universalists, friends who Dialogue in the Bohmian tradition, friends who are Mystics, friends who are Poets, and so many other friends who live lives of wisdom and wonder... this is my account of the meeting with these friends...

Friday, January 16, 2009

Homeless Tom


I left this comment on the blog of Homeless Tom

Im in a good place at the moment, but I do feel inches away from homelessness myself... of course, in reality, we are ALL always inches away from homelessness, or death- but the day to day keeps us generally mesmerized in some sort of "security" notion...

anyway, earlier this year there was a scary predictable sense of being a hairs breath away from having no place to go whatsoever... and I came upon your blog- and since, Ive read it from cover to cover...

so thank you for what you are doing here- and know that there are those out there who you are helping in ways you may or may not realize...

its like a "spiritual preparedness" for meeting what is REAL - what this life is all about really... and you are helping in that with journaling this experience for us...

thanks for the link above too- Ill be watching after that as well...

Peace, and better days for you and all there in your company...

Tom


I would recommend keeping this one on your list... it really is about "keeping it real" for me- I look forward to his posts when he can get the chance to make them- and I keep he ahd his companions in my prayers (companions the world over, indeed!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shucks, other fellow named Tom. You're so nice, I want to give you a big hug.

Here's some of what I just wrote in the comment section over in my blog, Homeless Tom:

"Putting aside the complimentary stuff that makes me blush, I do very much identify with your take on things. You may be my clone; or me, yours. Or, more likely, you are me in the New, Improved, Suped-up version.

"Continue to stoke those fires of wisdom & compassion, O, Tom!"

Tom (Mystics Meeting) said...

Hug recieved, accepted and returned, with big smiles... thank you