I have friends who are Quakers, friends who are Unitarian Universalists, friends who Dialogue in the Bohmian tradition, friends who are Mystics, friends who are Poets, and so many other friends who live lives of wisdom and wonder... this is my account of the meeting with these friends...

Monday, January 26, 2009

Nisargadatta makes me laugh



From this page:
David Godman explains his memories about Nisargadatta Maharaj

"I remember one woman asking him, rather innocently, 'I thought enlightened people were supposed to be happy and blissful. You seem to be grumpy most of the time. Doesn't your state give you perpetual happiness and peace?'

He replied, 'The only time a jnani truly rejoices is when someone else becomes a jnani'.


Harriet: How often did that happen?

David: I don't know. That was another area that he didn't seem to want to talk about."


(bolding is mine)

No comments: